Re: Self dependent package, build profiles and buildd servers

> > The d/rules actually configures/builds first the host-build, which I'm
> > able to use directly in the configuration parameters when
> > configuring/building the android-build (which is the second build
> > performed automatically). In the end, this produces pkgA & pkgB binary
> > packages all with a single dpkg- buildpackage run.
>
> OK. But do people really need both packages in the archive? Or is only the
> pkgB actually useful?

The package in question is Qt. For example qt6-base. So there are the regular
qt6 packages that are already in the archive, and I wanted to provide also the
"Qt for Android" packages based on the same source but cross-compiled for
Android which is required to build android apps that use the Qt framework.

If you are interested, I just made a MR here
https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/qt6/qt6-base/-/merge_requests/14

Rgds