Re: autopkgtest testing postinst

On Fri, 2022-07-15 at 09:41 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 11:33:50PM +0200, Lorenzo wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 09:52:51 +0200
> > Marc Haber <mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> > > I would like to hear about your experiences. Pointers to packages
> > > that
> > > are already doing this would be greatly appreciated as well.
> > > Thank you
> > > very much.
> >
> > You can look at dh-runit, probably not the best example but it
> > gives
> > you the idea
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dh-runit/-/blob/master/debian/tests/helper-update-rc.d
>
> So a testbed has apt configured in a way that apt-get install
> $PACKAGE
> will install _this_ version of the package? Or will it just pull the
> version from the archive?

The challenge I have encountered is getting the installed binary; it
seems that it puts files under /tmp/autopkgtest.XXXXX, but cleans it up
before the actual tests run?  (I have added a test which searches for
the package during the test run, to no avail.)

We could always use dpkg-repack I suppose, but we would have to do so
before any configuration was modified..

Cheers,
Matt