Re: tests failing without specific locales

On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 10:55:34AM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 04:37:45PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > Or send upstream a patch to take the locale from the environment
> > variables. Of course then tests might fail if someone uses a weird
> > locale and the test results depend on the locale
>
> At which point you have most likely uncovered a bug!  (unless you are
> running something that by definition is supposed to be
> locale-dependant).

I think the test in question ("check locale-aware sorting") is
deliberately locale-dependent. I have opened am upstream issue and hope
that Upstream will comment. The package itself is not yet on salsa and
not yet in Debian, not even an ITP filed.

Greetings
Marc