Re: Disabling ccache in Salsa CI Jobs?

Am 27.04.2022 um 13:00 teilte Michael Tokarev mit:

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your E-mail.

As far as I can see, ccache failing like this is because you run compilation jobs in the install or binary target, not in build
target.  These are run as different users.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, or it is just a buggy
setting in salsa ci, but this is what it is.

At least this sounds like a plausible explanation.

Now I'm just wondering, what change cause have caused the issue. Our debian/rules file is straightforward and I'm pretty sure upstreams Makefiles did not change either. The version before (1.3.7c) had successful job executions.

Would it make sense to ask the Salsa CI team for the question?

We never enforced compile is happening during build only, not install/binary, maybe this is actually a good thing to do after all.
This change in salsa ci helped me to find a bug in one of my packages
which did (partial) compile in the wrong place.

I guess I'll contact my code upstream and ask, if he could look into the Makefiles. The version 1.3.8 is in RC stage and (maybe we get a change before release).

Hilmar
--
sigfault