Re: Debuild question

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:53:53AM +0800, あきら wrote:
> I'm new to debian packaging, so I have a question troubling me for a long
> time, which is about debuild -Inothing, what does this do, and its effect.
> I can't find it on Google.

Using a search engine to find Debian docs is likely to find incomplete
and/or outdate docs, so you would probably be better off with searching
/usr/share/doc and the manual pages on your system. Other people have
pointed you to relevant docs that help novice packagers with their steep
learning curve.

That being said, debuild calls dpkg-buildpackage which in turn calls
many other tools, handing off options to the called utilities in a
sensible way as documented in the manual pages. So you might want to
sift through other manual pages as well to find out which tool
eventually processes that -Inothing option in your command.

In over 20 years as Debian Developer, I have never seen this.

Greetings
Marc