Re: Looking for a new maintainer for the "rush" package

Hi,
On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 09:03:42AM -0300, Fabio A. De Muzio Tobich wrote:
Em 17/03/2022 17:19, Mats Erik Andersson escreveu:
Torsdag den 17 mars 2022, klockan 15:22, skrev Nicholas D Steeves detta:

From a thread on debian-mentors,

vimer <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,
On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 05:23:16AM -0700, deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
The Debian package "rush" has not been updated since 2017. The
upstream software is actively maintained and has advanced from the 1.x
version in Debian to version 2.x (the latest version is 2.2 released
Jan 2022). I filed a bug in Dec 2021 to have the upstream changes
packaged, but no response from the package maintainer was forthcoming.

Is there someone who can take over the maintenance of this package?
In case the maintainer does not mark the package as 'O'(Orphaned) package,
we can do some fix or update with NMU[0].

But it's would better to do NMU for active Debian Developer.

Given the OP asked for "someone who can take over the maintenance of
this package", and given the state of the package, salvaging "rush"
would be more appropriate:

  https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging
  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging

#929160 justifies a minimal NMU fixing only that bug.

I've CCed Mats, because the best solution is for the maintainer to take
care of this :-)

Anyone interested in pursuing the process may follow the Developers
Reference section "How to salvage a package"; Please note that the
maintainer also has rights, so one must wait 21 days after filing the
ITS before proceeding with the salvage operation.

Regards,
Nicholas

The truth is that I am in no position to verify my identity
to the Debian project, ever since the time it began demanding
three signatures of trust. So even if I desired to commence
an up-to-date packaging effort, there is no sensible means
for me to achieve that endeavour. Therefore I hereby annonce
my desire for another responsible and devoted person to take
over maintenance of "gnurush". This is a piece of software
that deserves continued use under diligent maintainership.
I did try my best during a period in time, but now I leave!

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, dr sci math

Greetings,

Since Mats has expressed his desire to pass the package on to a
new maintainer, I'm guessing it's not necessary to go through
the salvage process. Therefore an ITS would be unnecessary and
one could adopt the package directly.

Maybe orphan the package, then open an ITA.

So I ask, is there anyone working on this package?

If not, I believe I can adopt it.

Fabio, do you mind I adopt it?
I know this is a little offend to ask the wanted. Because I was umfamiliar
with procedure about such packages that do not submit "ITO" bugs about
several weeks ago.

BR,
Bo

Cheers