Re: Debian watch file and GitLab for Autotools projects?

Hi,

On Wed, 2022-04-06 at 16:26 +0000, Eivind Naess wrote:
> Using watch with git tags yields the same thing (snapshot of the
> source code, not the release tarball). I could use the GitLab API and
> fetch a JSON file, but I can't figure out to make that work with the
> watch file.

I once suggested to use

opts="searchmode=plain,downloadurlmangle=s{/uploads}{/upower/upower/uploads}" \
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/api/v4/projects/upower%2fupower/releases /uploads/[0-9a-z]+/upower-([0-9.]+)\.tar\.xz

on IRC for a Gitlab project.  I think that or something similar might
be what you are looking for.

Ansgar