Feedback on post{inst,rm}-scripts?

Dear list,

I have startet packaging dangerzone for Debian.[1]
This is the first time I have included postinst and postrm scripts in a package and would be grateful for some review.

Some context on the package:
Dangerzone is a GUI and cli app that uses a Docker/Podman container under the hood to sanitize Files. Originally, the app would download the whole container image at first use after Installation. For the new version upstream has decided to include build a whole Container-Image at build time and include the 700MB image in the .deb package.

The absurd package size set aside, building the image on the Debian build servers would not be possible because a network connection is required for pulling the docker image. Therefore I moved the building of the image from build time into dangerzone.postinst[2], which is basically the build-script from upstream[3] only with some very basic error-handling added to it. I am not sure if in its current state it is very robust.

Some notes on the script itself:
It currently only checks if podman is installed in case of a half-installed package. I was not sure if there was any really reliable way to check internet connectivity, which is needed for pulling the base image, but on the other hand some basic feedback like "Baseimage could not be downloaded, please check your internet connectivity" would be good. What do you think?

Kind regards,
Peymaneh

PS: please keep me in CC when answering, since I am not a list subscriber

---
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/peymaneh/dangerzone
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/peymaneh/dangerzone/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/dangerzone.postinst [3] https://salsa.debian.org/peymaneh/dangerzone/-/blob/debian/sid/install/linux/build-image.sh