Re: 1-to-N

On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 12:56:09PM +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 12:54:16PM +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 01:37:35PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > >
> > > Previous-Subject: Re: Was: Packaging help: users and directories

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > And how many "works for me" are expected?
> > >
> > > Please make that a retoric question and check your configuration.
> > > That includes making sure to be subscribed.
> >
> > Will do. And was before posting. Just the VoIP list.
>
> Nevemind. You don't have to be subscribed to post to the VoIP packaging
> list. That is my issue. So never got that reply.
>
> Will subscribe.

OK, do.

Please also be aware of this 1-to-N communication.
That we don't know how large N is.
We can safely assume that the N recievers are in different time zones
and that their time is as valuable as our time is.

So:
* Make it possible that emails can be skipped  (huge time saver)
* Have Subject: lines that do match message body
* Provide context,  don't not delete  too much
* Choose good messages above many messages

See also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle

Regards
Geert Stappers