Re: How to troubleshoot conffile files problems

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 4:07 PM Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 01:56:26PM -0500, Tong Sun wrote:

> > right?
> Right.

> > right?
> Right.

Thanks, one more thing,

The dbab can upgrade from oldstable (Buster) just fine, but I'm trying
to remove the conffile files no longer exist since then
(dbab_1.3.2-2),

|  If the conffile has not been shipped for several versions, and you
are now modifying the maintainer scripts to clean up the obsolete
file, prior-version should be based on the version of the package that
you are now preparing, not the first version of the package that
lacked the conffile.

So I did this:

$ cat debian/dbab.maintscript
rm_conffile /etc/dnsmasq.d/dbab.adblock.conf 1.5.7-2~
rm_conffile /etc/dnsmasq.d/dbab.trashsites.conf 1.5.7-2~
rm_conffile /etc/dbab/dbab.proxy 1.5.7-2~

However, when I installed my 1.5.7-2 built such a way, I found the
above files are still there.

What's the problem and how can I fix it? thx