Re: include additional git repo in package

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 1:54 PM Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

> I am working on packaging the Caddy web server. Caddys github repo[1] only includes the platform-agnostic files (mostly .go source files) needed for building and testing.
> distro-specific files such as systemd unit files, bashcompletion, pre/post(un)install scripts etc have been moved to a seperate "dist" repo[2].
>
> I am wondering what would be a good way to include these in the package.

Three options that I can think of:

Convince upstream to include the dist files in the main repo again.

Use dpkg-source v3 multiple upstream (MUT) tarballs, which uscan
supports, search for component/MUT in the manual page.

Create two source packages to mirror what upstream has done.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise