Re: Suggestion needed on test failures due to double arithmetics

Il gio 25 nov 2021, 13:21 Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> ha scritto:
On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 01:13:20PM +0100, Giulio Paci wrote:
> The double values refer to timing information. The specific format,
> known as CTM, stores information in seconds in decimals (e.g. "30.66"
> seconds) from the beginning of the stream.
> The failing tool reads this information into double variables
Sounds like it just shouldn't read this data into a float type but use
some fixed-point data type instead.

This is also my opinion (and already suggested upstream), although it would make the code a little bit less readable.

Moreover I am still wondering if the compiler behavior is correct in this case and why it is so unstable. Apart from this corner case (which in my opinion should also work), I have not seen bad assumptions about double arithmetics in the rest of the failing tool.

Bests,
Giulio