How to revive an abandoned package? (Qtile)

Hello!

I am an avid Pythonista and I was disappointed to learn that

sudo apt install qtile

No longer works. In my research, it appears that the qtile project relies on packagers for each distribution - they do not do the packaging themselves.

I see that the Debian package is abandoned for some time now, and I wanted to know if:

1) Would I need to use the procedure for submitting a new package, since this one has been stale for so long?

2) Would I need to build for all the architectures that Debian supports?

3) Also, wanted to confirm that I would just need to ensure a reproducible build with valid metadata for aptitude, then package and submit the results?