Re: How to include the .git folder in a source package's .tar.xz archive?

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 09:02:21PM -0500, Hunter Wittenborn wrote:
> Anything I could try?

I'm not sure this is a path very well travelled, but dpkg does in principle
seem to support a source package format called "3.0 (git)" where the source
tarball is basically a depth limited git-bundle. See dpkg-source(1) section
"Format: 3.0 (git)".

I just stumbled on this while looking at the dpkg source I haven't actually
used it though.

--Daniel