Re: WNPP Update Package source of gjiten

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 7:06 AM notebook wrote:

> I'm working on the "Gjiten" package ([1]). It was kind of abandoned and used Gtk2.
> I upgraded it to Gtk3 and did some further development on it (see [2]).
>
> I'd like to get the new codebase into the debian repos. If I understand correctly, I need a sponsor for that(?) Is there anyone willing to sponsor the package?

Is there is a particular reason you used the Debian tarballs instead
of the old upstream CVS repository when creating the new upstream git
repository? I'd suggest creating a new git upstream repository based
on the old upstream CVS repository and then rebasing your new changes
on top of that. Otherwise you are hiding the history of the project.

I note that the person in the Debian package Uploaders field is a
Debian member and was last active in Debian in March 2021, so I
suggest asking them about the situation, they are likely to respond.

Also ask them if they still have access to the SourceForge project and
could setup a redirect to your fork of the upstream project.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise