Re: WNPP Update Package source source of gjiten

[Andrey Rahmatullin:]
If, on the other hand, you just want
that the package in Debian uses your updated code, you don't need to (and
can't) do anything in addition to what you already did.

Just for future reference:

"what you did" means
(1) Writing here in debian-mentors and hoping for someone to do the job?
or
(2) Filing the bug (#982343) on bugs.debian?

[Tobias Frost:]
Otherwise, we have the ITS procedure if you want to take over package maintainership:
https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging (from a very quick look at the package, it seems to be eligible for ITS)

It's not really clear to me what the result of package salvaging is. I guess it would make me a maintainer?

I think don't really want to become a maintainer, at the moment.

Background:
It looks like becoming a maintainer requires 40+ hours to go through all the "must read" articles and becoming accustomed to every procedure and guideline. I'd rather use that time to fix bugs or porting other apps (like HexChat).

-- Chris