overriding package with older version in new queue

Hi,

I have had a dependency for a package I am working on uploaded by a sponsor to new queue.

I realised later that this package actually break the build, and that this can be solved by packaging _older_ version of the dependency package (that's also what upstream does.

I am wondering how to fix this the right way:
Should I or my sponsor contact ftp masters and cancel the upload, and do a new on, or is it possible to overwrite the uploaded package even tho the version number would be lower? I imagine uploading an older version might be difficult, latest when in reaches unstable.

If I should contact ftp masters, should this be done via bts pseudo package or directly via mail?

kind regards,
peymaneh

PS: i am not subscribed to this ml, please keep me in cc when ansering ;)