Re: ITP: fii -- find identical images, nothing new

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 09:24:12PM +0630, Ko Ko Ye` wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 5:53 PM Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 12:11:04PM +0100, Abhishek Dutta wrote:
> > > * Package name    : fii
> > >   Version         : 1.0.0
> > >   Upstream Author : Abhishek Dutta <adutta@robots.ox.ac.uk>
> > > * URL             : https://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vgg/software/fii/
> > > * License         : BSD-2-clause
> > >   Description     : FII is a command line tool to find all identical images
> > >     (i.e. exact duplicate images that have same image dimension
> > >      and same pixel values)
> > >
> > > I am resending this message as I realized that my previous email was not in
> > > the expected format for "Intent To Package" (ITP) requests.
> > Note that the previous email said "I am writing to request if one of the
> > Debian package maintainers are willing to create a Debian package for this
> > software tool.", which sounds like an RFP, not an ITP.
> > In any case, WNPP requests should be filed with reportbug,

Or file the request with another program that can sent plain text
email to submit@bugs.d.o.   ( https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting )

> > not by mailing d-mentors@, see https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
> >

> Thanks Andrey
> for your explanation.

And for giving the good example of replying below previous text.[0]

> Hi Abhishek
> Please check Debian maintainer guide [1]
> Debian Mentors [2] and Debian Mentors FAQ [3]
>
> If you know ITP, follow the instructions.
> If you want an RFP, I will be your assistance. I will make ITP for you.

Nice offer for help.  Yes, that is a compliment.

> [1] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
> [2] https://mentors.debian.net/
> [3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MyanmarTeam http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-mm

Groeten
Geert Stappers

[0] Make it possible that people can skip emails, because it saves time.
    Reply below previous text.

    Abondon the idea "Earlier messages have arrived".
--
Silence is hard to parse