Re: Orphaned package

Hi,

On 2021-05-25 3:02 p.m., Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 02:46:06PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>> Hi !
>> I've seen many message on the debian bugs list saying that a specific
>> package is orphaned and looking for a maintainer.
>>
>> What would be the best way to adopt a package ?
> Record that in the WNPP bug as https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ says,
> then make a new upload as usual.
>
>> I have read the Debian new developer handbook.
>> I am at the step of contacting Debian developer in my area to get my GPG
>> key signed.
>>
>> Am I on the good way to do so ?
> You don't need this to maintain packages in Debian (and you won't be able
> to upload them directly anyway if you haven't contributed to Debian
> before). See https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/

So maybe I didn't get it right...
When someone write a message saying they are looking for a sponsor, does
are person who already maintain the package but would like someone to
support them in the uploading of the package ?

Of is it a message saying "we'd like someone to give us some time to
maintain this package when update are needed" ?

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside