Re: avoiding autoremoval for what seems like a spurious build error

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 7:48 PM Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1@gmail.com> wrote:

> In any case, I was not so much asking for help building/reproducing,
> as I was asking what I can do other than to reply to the bug, which
> seems not to be eliciting a response, to either avoid or delay the
> auto-removal process.  Is auto-removal policy documented somewhere?

For that you'd follow Tobias' suggestion:
> I'd either downgrade it to non RC and tag it unreproducible or close it with
> the request to reopen if it pops up again.

Practically, that means you'd either downgrade the bug's severity [1]
to "important" or below to make it non-RC [2], or close it [3].

The connection between RC bugs and auto-removal is documented here [4].

[1] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#severity
[2] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities
[3] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing
[4] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#removals-from-testing