Help for packaging Trigger Rallys next version

Hi Debian mentor team,

since some years now I have been one of the main contributors for the
game: "Trigger Rally" which has been included in the official Debian
repositories for several Debian versions now. Unfortunately, I am only
a graphic designer with some web design knowledge.

I usually try to get a recent version of our game into the Debian
repository in time for a new Debian release. Last time (with version
0.6.6.1) I was told that I should try to do the packaging myself
because other Debian maintainers have been to busy for doing it.

I am willing but I am overwhelmed by the amount of documentation that
seems to be relevant. I can't really tell what I actually need to
read/understand in order to create a proper Debian package for our
upcoming version 0.7 of the game.

Last time a kind developer helped out in the last moment to finally
achieve the inclusion. Otherwise I would have failed.

I suspect adapting the old Trigger Rally Debian package isn't as
complicated as it seems to me right now.

Can a mentor guide me so that I can become competent enough to
contribute in a meaningful way by creating the next deb package for our
project?

Tanks,
Onsemeliot