Re: rm_conffile and left behind files

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 11:54 PM Paul Wise wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 4:45 AM Tong Sun wrote:
>
> > Ah, indeed. the two files are modified after the package was
> > installed. Actually they are generated, not from within the package.
>
> Configuration files should either be conffiles installed in the .deb
> or files created by the package at postinst/run time, but not both of
> these at the same time.

Those were created by the package at postinst time, and can be updated
later, as per user's request.

> So the .deb should not contain the files and they should get removed
> from disk by the prerm. Also you will need to transition them from
> conffiles to regular files, I don't know how to do that though.

OK. I'll try to look that up. Meanwhile,

Is it OK that I simply `rm` them, like `rm /etc/dnsmasq.d/dbab-*`?
since they are all auto-generated, i.e., they don't contain
customizations made by the administrator that they don’t want to wipe
out.