Bug#983703: RFS: logrotate/3.18.0-2 -- Log rotation utility
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "logrotate":
* Package name : logrotate
Version : 3.18.0-2
Upstream Author : https://github.com/logrotate/logrotate/issues
* URL : https://github.com/logrotate/logrotate
* License : GPL-3+, GPL-2, BSD-3-Clause
* Vcs : https://salsa.debian.org/debian/logrotate
Section : admin
It builds those binary packages:
logrotate - Log rotation utility
To access further information about this package, please visit the
Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/logrotate/logrotate_3.18.0-2.dsc
Changes since the last upload:
logrotate (3.18.0-2) unstable; urgency=medium
* d/patches: cherry-pick relevant commits for Bullseye
- improve support for running as unprivileged user
+ Open files we want to compress as read-only.
+ Only attempt to set user/group if running as root.
- documentation updates
+ logrotate.8: make the /var/log/news example consistent
+ Fix a typo in the example logrotate.conf
* debian: refactor usage of configuration file
No actual changes in default configuration.
I did perform a content comparison of the buster package with this new
one to ensure no settings are actually changed and no upgrade issues,
similar to #928516, occur.