Re: Interested in status of libgrokj2k package

On 2021-01-27 16:31:14 -0500 (-0500), Aaron Boxer wrote:
> Is there a way of expediting my package's passage into Debian? It
> has been at least 7 months since I first submitted. I currently
> maintain my own local .deb builds on github , so that other
> projects can use them.  According to the Debian Package Tracker,
> the latest package version has been in Testing as of January 7th.

It's in Debian. Are you asking when it will appear in a stable
release of Debian? If so, not until the next stable release,
Bullseye, for which a schedule exists only up through the "hard
freeze" projected to begin 2021-03-12. After that comes the "full
freeze" followed by the release, but as of the last update[*] from
the release team there is no projected date for those yet. Keep in
mind that newly introduced packages don't generally get added to
prior stable release series, and Debian makes a new stable release
something like every 2-2.5 years.

[*] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2021/01/msg00002.html
--
Jeremy Stanley