Re: New comment on package microsocks

On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 01:10:36PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 03:44:57PM -0400, Tong Sun wrote:
> > > Nice:
> > > https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/m/microsocks/microsocks_1.0.1-1_changelog
> > >
> > > Not sure why it's still here... maybe because it went to experimental only?
> I don't think this should matter for the mentors website though.

what's relevant for mentors is that in mentors that specific version was
uploaded to unstable, whereas in ftp-master that same version was
uploaded to experimental.  As such, mentors is not auto-removing it's
copy as it's "not in ftp-master's unstable" yet.

> > Hmm... I'm not sure about the procedures involved, why it is all
> > happening etc.
> It went to experimental because that's where the sponsor uploaded it.

Indeed, you should ask siretart.  However my guess is that he wanted to
do that so that the next upload to unstable will be source-only.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :