Build fails on i386 due to overflows in tests

Dear mentors,

A package I'm maintaining fails to build on i386 [1]. Specifically,
the build-time tests are failing. I believe numerical overflows to be
the cause. I'm unsure about the best course of action.

The built package is architecture-independent (interpreted code).
However, the packaged library deals specifically with dates, time
ranges, etc. Some functionality relies on arithmetics on a
microsecond-level; a 32-bit signed integer cannot hold more than about
36 minutes worth of those. Other functionality deals with dates,
possibly on the wrong side of the Epochalypse. Both of these scenarios
are demonstrated in the failing tests.

What are my options in such a situation (from an "acceptable in
Debian" point of view)? What would be the preferred course of action?

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/php-team/pear/php-nesbot-carbon/-/jobs/1020055

Thanks,

Robin