Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 20:56:57 +0200
From: Alec Leamas <leamas.alec@gmail.com>
To: Tobias Frost <tobi@debian.org>
Subject: cxx-serial

Hi!

I have uploaded the one you pointed out as needing some love at
mentors: https://mentors.debian.net/package/libcxx-serial/.

I have problems with the debugging info containing the local build path
and the buildinfo. Status:

As uploaded, the Build-Path stanza is not part of buildinfo. As I
understand it, this is inconsistent with the local build path in the
debug package which does exist (and is really hard to get rid of).

A plain 'dpkg-genbuildinfo --always-include-path ' does include
Build-Path in the buildinfo

Using DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS as documented in dpkg-genbuildinfo(1) generates
a warning message and does not include the Build-Path:

$ DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="+path" dpkg-genbuildinfo
dpkg-genbuildinfo: warning: invalid flag in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS: +path
dpkg-genbuildinfo: warning: invalid flag in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS: +path

$  grep Build-Path ../libcxx-serial_1.2.1-2_amd64.buildinfo
$

Perhaps you can shed some light on this? I'm sure you also can find
other things, bring it on ;)

BTW: The last review were done  in private,  neither you nor I want it
that way. May I suggest that you cc: the mentors  ML  when you have time
to deal with this  (no hurry!). I will follow your lead, so to speak.

Cheers!
--alec

----- End forwarded message -----