Re: What is reasonable for debian/NEWS?

---------------------------------- 8< ----------------------------------
>Oh BTW, yes, I just now realized why you said that the file should be
>called NEWS and not NEWS.Debian... right, debhelper and similar
>utilities look for a "NEWS" file in the debian/ directory and then
>install it as /usr/share/doc/<package>/NEWS.Debian - that's the name
>that the installers look for, but in the source package you edit it as
>debian/NEWS, yes.

Yeah, I got a lintian warning informing me about the change.

>> Also, this could be a candidate for a stable update too, right?
>
>IMHO yes, but, of course, the release managers are the ones with
>the final approval. But I'd say go ahead, get your updated package into
>unstable first, add a note to debian/NEWS, and then go for a
>minimal-change stable update, too.

Of course - I'll upload to unstable, and then check with the release
team about a fix in stable.

>> (And I know what you are thinking - A CD ripper? Do people still use
>> CDs? - Yes, they do. :)
>
>Oh, I know they... yeah, they, that's it, absolutely not me, they...
>do :)

We do! Thanks for all your input - much appreciated!

best
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
andreas@ronnquist.net