Re: Not all files in my package installed

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 07:59:26PM -0400, Tong Sun wrote:
> What could possibly be wrong?

If that would be files in /etc I would point you to the configuration
management by dpkg (as a removed file is a configuration change, too,
so dpkg preserves it) – that isn't the case here, but someone else might
stumble over this thread.

In your case with /usr/share/doc and manpages effected: Is this
a container? It is relatively popular to use path-excludes in them,
so have a look at /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg and /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/*.

There might be stanzas like:
path-exclude /usr/share/man/*
path-exclude /usr/share/doc/*
in there.

If that is the case, it has nothing to do with your package and
works as intended™.

(Disclaimer: If excludes by default are a good or bad idea can
highly depend on the usecase and is out of scope for my reply)

Best regards

David Kalnischkies