Issue with Salsa [ dh-runit ]

Dear mentors,

Recently I've been given the access to Debian/dh-runit repository:
the version in git (2.8.14) lags behind compared to the package in the
archive (2.8.15),
but it looks that I can't push to the master branch

> $ git push --follow-tags origin master:master
> Username for 'https://salsa.debian.org': Lorenzo.ru.g-guest
> Password for 'https://Lorenzo.ru.g-guest@salsa.debian.org':
> Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
> remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to push code to protected branches
on this project.
> To https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dh-runit.git
> ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
'https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dh-runit.git'

However I can push to a separate new branch
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dh-runit/-/tree/release-2.8.15
Can Some DD pull from branch 'release-2.8.15' and push to the master
branch ?

Lorenzo