Re: Update Package from git Source

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 05:01:28PM +0100, Isaac wrote:
> I try to update ddclient to the last version. However, I think I don’t really understand
> the combination between the sources from git and the tarball / quilt.
Are you basing this on the dump of the old alioth repo, or something else?
Are you going to include these changes in Debian?

> So I write a script with the minimal process to create and update a hello-world package.
> https://github.com/puchrojo/badpeswg
> I think the problem is on bin/07-update-package
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/puchrojo/badpeswg/master/bin/07-update-package
git tag -l "v0.0.2"?

       -l, --list
           List tags.

> That is the Error I get:
> gbp buildpackage
> gbp:info: Performing the build
>  dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I
> [...]
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see /tmp/dummy-hello_0.0.1-2.diff.ONoIGT
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i -I -b . subprocess returned exit status 2
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I failed
> gbp:error: 'debuild -i -I' failed: it exited with 29
>
> If I try to commit with “dpkg-source –commit” I get the dummy-hello_0.0.1-2_amd64.deb and not the 0.1.2 that I want from the git changes.
The package version is taken from the changelog entry, so you could see
the problem even before building the package.
And never do dpkg-source --commit, fix the problems instead.

> What I try to get
> 1. The main source are git and not the tarball.
> 2. Tarbal / Quilt sould be build to compatibility with Debian Policy and other apps.
> What are I’m missing?
Look at file:///usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.upstream-git.html
But if you are working on a package that somebody else maintains, you need
to follow their workflows instead of inventing your own.

--
WBR, wRAR