Re: Help Regarding how and where to start and get help

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:17 PM Deepak Yadav wrote:

> I want to volunteer for contributing towards the Debian project. I did read the website but did not have a clear idea about where to ask for help and how to go about starting to contribute for a repository in Debian.

There are a lot of different ways to help the Debian project, some of
them are listed here:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

Based on your name, you might be located in India, if so, you might
want to join and help out with the MiniDebConf India 2021, which is an
online conference event organised by the Debian community in India.

https://in2021.mini.debconf.org
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/CUK4LQ.7S06WQELW3C41@onenetbeyond.org

If you would like to help out with packaging and other technical work,
the how-can-i-help tool can point out opportunities for that.

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

If you are interested in Debian or open source paid internships or
unpaid mentoring programs, please take a look at these pages:

https://github.com/fossjobs/fossjobs/wiki/Resources#internships
https://wiki.debian.org/Mentoring

If you need more specific guidance based on your skills and interests,
join the #debian-mentors IRC channel and you can chat about
contributing with anyone who is online at the time.

https://wiki.debian.org/IRC
ircs://irc.oftc.net/debian-mentors
https://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=debian-mentors

--