Bug#976113: RFS: hydrogen/1.0.1-1 [ITP, reintroduce to Debian] -- advanced drum machine/step sequencer
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "hydrogen":
* Package name : hydrogen
Version : 1.0.1-1
Upstream Author : Sebastian Moors <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.hydrogen-music.org/
* License : BSD-3-clause, Apache-2.0, ISC, BSD-2-clause, GPL-2+
* Vcs : https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/hydrogen
Section : sound
It builds those binary packages:
libhydrogen-core-1.0.1 - advanced drum machine/step sequencer (lib)
hydrogen-doc - advanced drum machine/step sequencer (doc)
hydrogen-dev - advanced drum machine/step sequencer (dev)
hydrogen-data - advanced drum machine/step sequencer (data)
hydrogen - advanced drum machine/step sequencer
To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:
Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/hydrogen/hydrogen_1.0.1-1.dsc
Changes since the last upload:
hydrogen (1.0.1-1) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Ondřej Nový ]
* d/changelog: Remove trailing whitespaces
* d/control: Set Vcs-* to salsa.debian.org
[ Filipe Sateler]
* Change maintainer address to firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Olivier Humbert ]
* Update d/changelog: deleting unnecessary empty lines
* Update d/control:
- add Pulseaudio to the description
- debhelper: declare version
* Update d/hydrogen.install (install a better image)
[ Nicholas D Steeves ]
* Reintroduce hydrogen to Debian. (Closes: #960539)
* New upstream version 1.0.0~beta2.
* Rebase all patches onto 1.0.0~beta2:
- Drop 020170916~27d664c.patch (possibly resurrect).
- Drop 1000_portaudio_v2.patch (no longer needed).
- Drop 1001_rubberband_path.patch (merged upstream).
- Drop 1002_fix_locale_coverage.patch (exists upstream @L42).
- Drop 1005_name_shouldnt_repeat_genericname.patch (merged upstream).
- Drop 1006_porttime.patch (merged upstream).
- Drop 1008-ftbfs-gcc-4.7.diff (no longer needed).
- Drop 1010-spelling.patch (no longer needed).
- Drop 1015-man_path.patch (no longer needed).
- Drop 1020-cxx_flags.patch (no longer needed).
* Fix typos in description, enhance grammar, and refer to Qt as "Qt"
rather than "QT". Thanks to Thomas Vincent for finding this while
working on a translation. (Closes: #945042)
* Update filenamemangle, uversionmangle, and version match to allow uscan
to detect alpha, beta, and rc versions. We're now tracking beta Qt5
releases, because Qt4 is unmaintained and was removed from Debian.
* Built against qtbase5-dev instead of libqt4-dev. (Closes: #954823)
* Add the following new build-deps: libqt5xmlpatterns5-dev, qttools5-dev.
* Add myself to Uploaders.
* Comment-out the actions in the debian/docs.stamp rules target because
docs are absent from this beta2 release.
* Add qttools5-dev-tools to build-deps, because we need Qt5 lupdate to
* rules: export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt5.
* Add libcppunit-dev to build-deps; this will activate unit tests.
* Add liblo-dev to build-deps; this enables Open Sound Control (OSC).
* Add 1001-patch-stats.py-with-Python-2to3.patch.
* Drop Jaromír Mikeš from Uploaders, because he has not been active in
Debian for > 2 years, and because he communicated that he is no longer
working on this package (see Bug #954823, Message #15).
* Drop Jonas Smedegaard from Uploaders on his request (see Bug #954823,
* Migrate the package from cdbs to debhelper:
- Switch to debhelper-compat 13.
- Drop debian/control.in.
- Drop cdbs build-dep.
- Convert existing rules file into dh sequence compatible format, and
drop the license boilerplate, because this is declared in Files:debian/*
- Install man page with debian/hydrogen.manpages.
- Drop README.source, which existed to declare that this was a cdbs-using
* Update hydrogen-data.install for new upstream locations of appdata.xml.
* Update hydrogen-data.install and hydrogen-data.links for new upstream
location of h2-icon.svg.
* hydrogen.install: Drop icon installation, because it exists in
* Create libhydrogen-core-1.0.0 package for libhydrogen-core-1.0.0.so.
* Create a hydrogen-dev package for the headers.
* rules and hydrogen-doc.install: Disable doc generation and installation,
because docs appear to be absent from this beta2 release.
* rules: export DEB_CMAKE_EXTRA_FLAGS
- Fix inaccurate date range for "The hydrogen development team".
- Update Sebastian Moors' years.
- Update Jérémy Zurcher's years.
- Add missing section for cmake/Sanitizers.cmake.
- Add missing section for Przemysław Sitek's files.
- Add missing section for src/www/hydrogen.php.
- Add myself to Files: debian/*
- Drop License-Grant and License-Reference fields, because they are not
part of DEP-5.
- Add short license texts for GPL-2+, GPL-3+, and Apache-2.0, and include
the conventional "On Debian systems, the complete text…can be
* source/lintian-overrides: Bug #786450 has not yet been resolved. Drop
overrides for missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5 and
missing-license-text-in-dep5, because they are no longer necessary with
the changes to copyright noted above.
* Add hydrogen-doc.links to make the manual, old tutorial, and new tutorial
more discoverable by linking them to /usr/share/docs.
* Register the tutorial with docbase.
* Add lintian override for
package-contains-documentation-outside-usr-share-doc. See header of
hydrogen-doc.lintian-overrides for more information.
* Reimport upstream 1.0.1 using Sourceforge tarball, because the Github one
omits the HTML manual (available in LANG codes: CA, EN, ES, FR, IT, and
NL). The New Tutorial is unfortunately only available in EN; however,
the old tutorial continues to be provided for EN, FR, and IT.
* Update watch file to use the Sourceforge source, and declare that we're
using this source in copyright.
* hydrogen-doc.install: Restore installation of HTML manual.
* Drop build-dep on dh-buildinfo; this functionality is now provided by
default with .buildinfo files.
* control: Document why we can't use an https Homepage at this time.
* Fix libhydrogen-core-1.0.1.install to support archs other than
* 2001_avoid_live_non-free_drumkits.patch: Add missing original Date and
* debian/tests/control: Add comment indicating why "allow-stderr" is
probably the right decision.
[ Dennis Braun ]
* New upstream version 1.0.1
* Bump libhydrogen-core version
* Provide a h2cli test for autopkgtest: Change sample rate and bit rate of
GM_kit_Jazzy.h2song, convert to wav file & test against mediainfo
* Update 2001_avoid_live_non-free_drumkits.patch
* Install the desktop icon directly from
* Add me as uploader
* Set Rules-Requires-Root: no
* Update d/copyright:
- Add "The hydrogen development team" to Files: *
- Remove obsolete file entries and LGPL-2.1+
- Add myself to the debian/ section
* Update d/source/lintian-overrides:
- inconsistent-appstream-metadata-license is false positive
[ Dennis Braun and Nicholas D Steeves ]
* Declare Standards-Version: 4.5.1 (no further changes required).