a question about debian package

Hi,

I have a question about Debian packaging.  I am wondering if anyone has time to take a look at my question and provide some suggestions. Thank you!

I am trying to install a REST API service to Ubuntu with a .deb file (Debian package). However we got installation errors:

Failed to preset unit: Unit /run/systemd/generator.late/roche-htp-connect-api.service is transient or generated.
/usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper: error: systemctl preset failed on roche-htp-connect-api.service: No such file or directory

If the service is installed in /etc/systemd/system. The error will be gone. What should I do to get the service installed in the "/etc/systemd/system/"  directory?

Thanks,
Richard Zhang