Finding files for d/clean when using sbuild

Hi mentors,

More than once now, I've made the mistake of missing certain files
that ought to be added to debian/clean. I typically use sbuild when
building packages, so these extra files get thrown out after the build
anyways, so they're not obvious to me.

What's the recommended way to find such left-over files after an sbuild build?

I imagine a diff between the original source tree and whatever's left
after a build and a subsequent clean could accomplish it. The external
command functionality in sbuild could perhaps be used for this. I
thought I'd ask for existing solutions before I put something together
for myself, though.

Regards,
Robin