Re: hardening=+all caused CPPFLAGS missing (-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2)

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 8:21 AM Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

> > > Remove "export CPPFLAGS = " from debian/rules.
> >
> > That was actually my "fix" -- There wasn't such a line and I got
> > `CPPFLAGS missing (-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2)` in the first place.
> And this "fix" removed -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 from the main compilation
> command as you can see if you compare the build logs, so removing it fixes
> the actual problem.

removing it yields
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/shc/-/jobs/1138279
the same as where it all begins --
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/shc/-/jobs/1126858

> > Anything else I can do?
> If blhc complains even without this line, I suspect it captures the
> comnpilation lines from the tests, in which case you can either ignore
> that or change the test commands. Always read the build log manually
> before trying to fix blhc output.

Yeah for sure, I tried, but the blhc output is just beyond me. My
"fix" was my guess out of blhc output how to fix it.