Re: CC logos

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 4:39 PM Markus Demleitner wrote:

> And in particular, I suspect Debian distributes at least some of
> these logos somewhere already.

There appear to be fewer of them than I would have thought:

$ apt-file search ccbysa.png | wc -l
3
$ apt-file search ccby.png | wc -l
1
$ apt-file search /cc0.png  | wc -l
0

> So... has anyone already thought more deeply about the CC logos and
> their distributability?

Seems like they aren't suitable for Debian main.

You might want to talk to the lintian maintainers about how to detect
these images and warn about their inclusion in main.

PS: this seems like a topic for debian-legal.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise