Re: lintian question - no-debian-changes

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020, Paul Wise wrote:

[...]
> If you decide to split the debian/ dir, you could also keep it on
> github but not in the orig.tar.gz, either by filtering the tarball
> created by github using the Files-Excluded feature of
> uscan/mk-origtargz, or by storing the debian/ dir on a separate branch
> or separate repo. Otherwise, Salsa is a popular place for storing
> Debian package git repos:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa

Thank you!

Following the principle of uscan's files-excluded, I have a found an
export-ignore feature in .gitattributes which seems to be quite
straight-forward solution.

Interestingly when I try to use lintian locally on a temp package, it does
not say anything about the issues listed on the website:
https://lintian.debian.org/sources/misspell-fixer/0.3-1.html
Can I test my local package somehow?

I tried this way:
$ lintian misspell-fixer_0.4-1.dsc --verbose -i --pedantic -o
N: Using profile debian/main.
N: Starting on group misspell-fixer/0.4-1
N: Finished processing group misspell-fixer/0.4-1

Thank you!

Best regards,
Lajos
--