Re: Verify the library transition

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 11:58:03AM -0400, Tong Sun wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 03:27:40PM -0400, Tong Sun wrote:
> > [skipped as already answered in private]
>
> Strange, I didn't get anything in private (that's why I'm bumping it),
It was on Oct 17 as an answer to the email sent to my personal address.

> Would you resend that part please?
The only relevant part there is "Which version will be picked depends on
the versions available in the repos that are enabled during the build
process, and on the resolver used." (and a suggestion to not reply
off-list).

> > > PS, here are all libgit2 related packages installed in my system, and
> > > their versions:
> > >
> > > libgit2-1.0:amd64_1.0.0+dfsg.1-1
> > > libgit2-28:amd64_0.28.5+dfsg.1-1
> > > libgit2-build-deps_1.0.0+dfsg.1-1
> > > libgit2-dev:amd64_0.28.5+dfsg.1-1
> > > libgit2-glib-1.0-0:amd64_0.28.0.1-2
> > > libgit2-glib-1.0-dev:amd64_0.28.0.1-2
> > So you installed packages from sid and built against them. This cannot
> > test packages from experimental.
>
> So, overall, the problem was that I was testing packages from
> experimental in sid, while what I should do is test them in
> experimental instead, right?
No, you didn't test any packages from experimental. You have packages from
sid installed and you build on the host system, so there is no way to test
anything else, unless you described your workflow incorrectly.

--
WBR, wRAR