Re: Consequences of bumping Dh compat level for a dh extension

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 12:19 PM Lorenzo wrote:

> I'd like to check what can happen when i bump the debhelper compat level in dh-runit or some other dh extension:
> can i cause problem in a package that build-depends on dh-runit, but rely on a older (non compatibile) dh-compat level?

I'd suggest you build twice, once with the old compat level and once
with the new compat level, then use diffoscope to compare the binary
packages between the two builds. Then do the same for one of the
reverse dependencies.

> Other things that I should care to avoid damage on other packages?

Use ratt to rebuild all the reverse dependencies and then run all the
autopkgtests using the rebuilt .deb files.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise