Re: RFS: gnome-maps/3.30.3.1-0+deb10u1 [NMU] -- map application for GNOME

On Sun, 2020-09-13 at 15:24 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 10:35:48 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 04:02:56 +0100, Phil Wyett wrote:
> > > Can we have this uploaded for the upcoming 10.6? Still seen no
> > > love and
> > > missed so many point releases now. Just need someone with
> > > permissions to
> > > do it and a little time.
> >
> > I'll put this on my queue to review and test.
>
> Uploaded. In future, if you have changes for a package in stable,
> please try to work with the package's maintainers first, rather than
> bypassing them.
>
> I know the GNOME team has taken too long to respond, and I'm sorry
> about
> that. We are responsible for a lot of packages, of which gnome-maps is
> far from our highest priority.
>
>     smcv

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the response, review and upload.

I will try to be more in touch with the GNOME team with future work. I
hope via discussion, git and MR.

To go back to time and hardware. The DPL did mention spending as part of
his DebConf20 talk. Maybe an application can be made for hardware for
members of the GNOME team, so they might have a stable instance on hand
for its related needs. GNOME is a very important part of Debian and
supporting those working on it would be a good thing.

Regards

Phil

--

*** Playing the game for the games sake. ***

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Twitter: @kathenasorg

IRC: kathenas

GPG: 724AA9B52F024C8B