Re: RFH: Debian derivatives census

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 2:42 PM Sicelo wrote:

> This project sounds interesting, and I would like to avail myself to
> help/learn as much as possible. I know some basics in Python, SQL, and
> shell, but not Perl.

Great! The Perl parts are quite minimal (just for discovering RSS
feeds and downloading favicons) so you can easily ignore those. I
suggest you start by looking at the wiki pages I mentioned,
downloading the codebase and try running it locally. There are lots of
TODO/FIXME items sprinkled throughout the codebase and some ideas for
features on the wiki pages. If you have any questions I'll be
available on the debian-derivatives IRC channel and mailing list, or
this thread.

--
bye,
pabs