Re: Built a Debian package using the source code of another one

Am 13.08.2020 um 16:38 teilte wferi@niif.hu mit:
> Hilmar Preuße <hille42@web.de> writes:

Hi,

>> the installation/compilation instructions for some proftp modules
>> [1] say:
>> "To install mod_proxy, go to the third-party module area in the
>> proftpd source code and unpack the mod_proxy source tarball: [...]
>> This works fine. How do I do that for a Debian package?
>
> After a quick look at
> https://github.com/Castaglia/proftpd-mod_proxy: I'd try to fix its
> build system to work against proftpd-dev. That seems to be the
> intended way after all, so the fix should be accepted upstream.

That's what I'm doing in the moment: proftpd-dev delivers most of the
header files to build the module. I just have to copy two files and
patch the upstream Makefile. Building works fine and the module can
loaded. I guess time for an upload, let's see how much maintenance work
we'll have w/ that in the future. ;-)

Hilmar
--
sigfault