Re: Parameters for "make check"?

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 05:35:10PM +0200, dettus wrote:
> On 7/26/20 3:13 PM, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 02:50:31PM +0200, dettus wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >

> > > So, my latest and greatest release comes with a "make check" target.
> > >
> > > The thing is, under Debian it requires an extra parameter.
> > >
> > > make SHA256_CMD=sha256sum check
> > >
> > > would be the correct one. My question is... How do I put this into the
> > >
> > > debian package? So far, the only solution I had was to patch the Makefile.
> > >
> > Thing slash idea I would be playing with is having
> >   SHA256_CMD=sha256sum
> > in debian/rules.
> >
> > Same suggestion in other words
> >
> >   Set in debian/rules the environment variable SHA256_CMD
> >   the value to sha256
> >

> It worked! Thank you very much.

OK

> > Even more verbose answers available in exchange
> > for more verbose version of the original message  ;-)

IOW  Understand that you are addressing a large group of people
that is not familiar with your particular problem.

Being lucky that the "problem" is understood by 1 person
is pure luck. Understanding that luck and making the effort
to say "thanks" is good.

Putting the "It worked! Thank you very much." above previous text
is ignorance that should be avoided. Showing the world that you
can't imagine that mailinglist subscribers don't read the whole thread,
that you are unware of a mailinglist archives, that you don't know
about timezone differences and that you not understand discussion order
and neither reading order, is asking "allow me to be stupid".

Put reply text below previous text.

Regards
Geert Stappers
--