Re: Problem with ftbfs on armel and mipsel with cmake 3.16.3

Thanks for looking at this John

ons. 3. jun. 2020 kl. 22:54 skrev John Scott <jscott@posteo.net>:

> On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 4:58:08 PM EDT Håvard Flaget Aasen wrote:
> > The beginning of the error message is:
> > CMake Error at
> > /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/CMakeCompilerIdDetection.cmake:26 (list):
> >   list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires two or more arguments.
>
> That part of the module says
> list(REMOVE_ITEM lang_files ${nonlang_files})
> so the error probably has to do with ${nonlang_files} being empty. I reproduced
> on mipsel emulated with qemu-user-static (a wonderful gem [1]), I didn't try
> this on real hardware.

Probably should have mentioned that myself, I didn't test with real hardware.

> It looks like the part to define nonlang_files immediately preceding is
> file(GLOB nonlang_files
>       "${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/Compiler/*-${nonlang}-DetermineCompiler.cmake")
>
> Rolling back to CMake to 3.15.4 was the same, but CMake 3.13.2 worked. So I

Isn't that a bit strange, the official build log shows cmake 3.15.4-1
being used with the last successful build.
The exception is aqemu on armel which is older and used 3.13.4-1