Re: where to begin - covid biohackathon

Hi Dan,

On 07.04.20 21:23, atencion@danigil.com wrote:
To debian-mentors list,

I'm not a professional, my level at C / Unix is at Kerningham's Unix Programming Environment
That is what I once grew up with, and if you know where "const" goes
together with "*" then you know more than the one or other professional
out there :o)
(and I know a little CS from math courses)... it's really a dream for me to contribute... Can anyone tell me where to begin / references to material? Or where is the better place for this question (is this not in accord with the list's policy, yes I read it)?

Did you get any reply that you could work with?

What I could offer is a bit of a guided tour and/or you monitoring me
updating some packages (with the routine-update script, so I am
cheating) or we create a new one. We could basically fix some time (I am
London+1, if that matters during a lock-down) to screen share and then I
find out like where you are technically and bit of biology you are
interested in.

This is a bit of an experiment for me. At our Debian Med Sprints we are
basically doing just that and I find it very productive. We can happily
discuss publicly how good or bad this goes.

Steffen