Re: Ouput of reprotest under salsa-ci

Hi Elías,

El 10/4/20 a las 01:05, Elías Alejandro escribió:
> Hello all,
> I have a dummy question about the output of reprotest under the salsa-ci process.
> -How can I interpret or understand the following output log?:
>
>  Binary files
>  /builds/elias-guest/gpick/debian/output/reprotest/control/source-root/gpick-dbgsym_0.2.6~rc1-3+salsaci_amd64.deb
>  and
>  /builds/elias-guest/gpick/debian/output/reprotest/experiment-1/source-root/gpick-dbgsym_0.2.6~rc1-3+salsaci_amd64.deb
>  differ
>
> The complete log is[1] I've downloaded the artifacts to look into the files and
> I've found that the binary executables are differ with pkgdiff but with hex numbers.
> Do you know where are the 'diff issues' for fix them? or
> How can I get a complete information about them?

There's a tool to compare this kind of differences called Diffoscope[0].

You can download both packages from the Salsa CI pipeline (from the
build job and from the reprotest job) and use Diffoscope to compare them.

Also, you can enable 2 features on the Salsa CI pipeline to help you
debugging this: you can run diffoscope directly on the reprotest job [1]
which will tell you more details about the problem directly on the log,
and you can split reprotest variations [2] into different jobs to
identify which one is causing the problems on your package.

Abrazos!

0_ https://diffoscope.org/
1_
https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline#running-reprotest-with-diffoscope