Help to package nest-simulator to enable upgrading pynn

Control: tags -1 help

[debian-mentors readers please start reading at this mark @debian-mentors]

Hi Steffen,

I'm working on upgrading the Debian package of pynn.  While I assume the
latest upstream version of pynn will fix all Python3 migration issues it
also has the new dependency on nest-simulator.  Thus I commited
preliminary packaging for this to the Debian development Git[1].  Thanks
for your great initial work for Debian packaging inside the upstream
tarball.  I left you as Uploader in d/control and I hope you would like
to maintain the Debian packaging inside the Debian Med team who is
traditionally very welcoming to newcomers.  If you agree please register
at salsa.debian.org and ask for membership in the Debian Med team (or
ping me by mentioning your salsa user name).  If you agree the easiest
way for maintenance would be if you drop the debian/ dir from the
upstream source and we maintain it here directly with the goal of
uploadin it to official Debian (and from there propagating to all Debian
derivatives).

@debian-mentors

To update pynn to a Python3 aware version we need the new package
nest-simulator.  I've prepared the packaging[1] based on some work by
upstream (thanks for this Steffen).  Unfortunately I'm stumbling upon
ctest:

PATH=/build/nest-simulator-2.20.0/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin dh_auto_test
	cd build && make -j4 test ARGS\+=-j4
make[2]: Entering directory '/build/nest-simulator-2.20.0/build'
Running tests...
/usr/bin/ctest --force-new-ctest-process -j4
Test project /build/nest-simulator-2.20.0/build
        Start   1: selftests/test_pass.sli
Could not find executable /usr/bin/nest
Looked in the following places:
/usr/bin/nest
/usr/bin/nest
/usr/bin/Release/nest
/usr/bin/Release/nest
/usr/bin/Debug/nest
/usr/bin/Debug/nest
/usr/bin/MinSizeRel/nest

I wonder how I can tell ctest that the executable that is needed can be
found in /build/nest-simulator-2.20.0/bin.  Seems my means in d/rules

	PATH=$(CURDIR)/bin:$(PATH) dh_auto_test

is not sufficient.

Any better idea?

Kind regards