Re: mentors.debian.net blocks my package upload

Hi Baptiste,

Thanks for reaching out this efficiently, I already saw that package was imported to ftp. Appreciating support for me:)

Woodrow

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 3:11 PM Baptiste BEAUPLAT <lyknode@cilg.org> wrote:
Hi Woodrow,

On 3/7/20 7:11 AM, Woodrow Shen wrote:
> I've just uploaded my package pdf2djvu 0.9.17-1 to mentors.debian.net via
> ftp, and after more than  a hour I don't receive any notification from
> email and I realize that uploading package seems to be working-in-progress
> on server. Can someone help me to identify this issue? Or how to solve this
> problem?

The importer on mentors have been experiencing, since a couple of days,
random failure to contact external services such as bugs.debian.org or
the ftp-master api, used to gather information regarding uploads.

We have not find out why such issues occurs, however we are working on
adding a timeout to those queries so the importer would not block
indefinitely.

This is what happened yesterday around 17:00 UTC, the importer got stuck
and your package did not get imported. I've restarted the service and
all should be good now.

For reference, we have an issue tracking this :

    https://salsa.debian.org/mentors.debian.net-team/debexpo/issues/94

Best,
--
Baptiste BEAUPLAT - lyknode