Advice on packaging new upstream releases.

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some advice on how to fix some problems on 2 different
packages I've been trying to update with no luck so far.

# python-icecream. [0][1]

The new release includes a dependency to a very small repository [2]
that's not packaged.

My first thought was to open an ITP and try to package it, but it turns
out to be a single python script and I'm not sure if it's reasonable to
create a whole package for that.

Should I package the new dependency? The README[3] even suggests that
it's ok to copy that single file. Would it be OK if I patch it into my
package?

# doit [4][5]

The latest release of this package contains a huge change on the
documentation, which breaks the linting. It contains a lot of external
javascripts and stuff.

As python-icecream, doit made a change to depend on a custom sphinx
theme that's not packaged but I managed to fix that patching it to use
the default theme[6].

Having changed the theme and fixed one of lintian suggestions (the
node-html5shiv one), there are still a lot of problems with the docs
package[7]. I even thought of removing the python-doit-doc package.

What should I do here?

Thanks in advance :)

0_ https://github.com/gruns/icecream
1_ https://salsa.debian.org/debian/python-icecream